Living Your Belovedness
By: Lisa Dzikowski
Even before we were born, God started loving us. How many days after conception can our mother know for certain that she is pregnant? 30 days. Meaning, it is only after 30 days after conception that our own mother started loving us. But God of the whole universe, started loving us even before we came to be.
Sister, it is only when you understand who you are in Christ that you will be able to live in the joy that God has ordained for you. It is only when you accept that you are beloved, that anxiety and depression will flee.
We hear so many voices today from the world, but look at this verse, A voice from heaven said, "this is my Son, with him I am well pleased." Jesus heard the voice of his heavenly Father saying that He loves him and Jesus lived in this love. If you were baptized, your heavenly Father is saying the same to you. The same voice from heaven is repeating this words over your life. You are his beloved. So many of us live our lives listening to the voices and believing the words that people speak about us. We live our lives seeking affirmation from people whose words have no credibility. The opinions of people are fleeting, but God's Word remains and is true. Read and listen to what God has to say about you in His Word. Let these words sink into your heart, they are written for you:
- Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart. Jer 1:5
- Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. Eph 1:4
- See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me. Is 49:16
- I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Ps 139:14
There was a religious sister named Aida who was so pained by her name. For so many years people put her down because in her language her name had a painful meaning. The hurtful comments and put downs created a wound in her heart and caused her to change her name. One night during Adoration, the prayer leader called out, "Aida, Jesus is saying, "I love you. Your name is written on the palm of my hand. You are mine". From that day on she kept her birth name and recognized herself as beloved.
You are what God speaks about you. This truth is important for our spiritual growth. Seek friendships that will edify you. Seek people who will tell you the truth of who you are and whose affirmation is credible in the eyes of God.
When we look around in the world today, what do we see? Sex? Gambling? Drinking? As humans we have a tendency to go after satisfaction in the world. Why do you think people seek after these pleasures? Every single person in this world wants to be recognized as beloved. Each person has a deep longing in their heart to know they are unconditionally loved.
When I accepted God's love for me and I recognized my belovedness:
- I was healed from depression
- I stopped following the ways of the world
- I was healed from anxiety
- I was set free from insecurity
- My wounds were healed
- I was able to forgive
- Through the trials I am able to praise
God's love is the only reason I am where I am today.
Here are some ways to help you live in your belovedness:
- Unmask the lies that have been spoken over your life, whether it be friends, parents or family members. Instead, listen to what God has to say about you.
- Cultivate godly friendships who will remind you of who you are in Christ.
- Learn to celebrate your chosenness. Celebrate by thanking God everyday when you wake up in the morning. Thank him for how wonderfully he made you, another day, the sunshine, your family etc.
- Recognize the belovedness of others. Speak positively about others. Gossip is poison that will bring other people down. Learn from how Jesus spoke of others, it's amazingly positive!: "Truly I tell you, among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist." Mt 11.11
- Pray and pray often. The more we feed ourselves spiritually, the more joy we will have. Other people can tell a difference from when I haven't prayed in days, a week or a month.
- Pour yourself out in order to make others feel loved. Heal the wounds of others. Jesus broke the bread during the Passover in order to nourish us. He set us this example that we may follow him.
Know this today: you have the gene of Christ in you. Nourish and grow the God part in you and with this knowledge you will grow to sainthood. Let your belovedness be enfleshed on your heart.